As part of a smaller team within the Live Operations team, my main focus is continuously designing new and exciting Quests for our players to enjoy. Day-to-day, this involves everything from Map and Encounter design, to working with other Designers, Artists, and Programmers on new features to expand what we can do with our Quests (and more) and continue to entertain our players. I also write a portion of our in-game dialogue for Quests, as well as most narrative focused Live Operations copy. There's a lot more than that, so feel free to reach out and ask, but below is a good sampling of some of the things I do.
- Designing layouts, encounters, and rewards for monthly event quests, as well as permanent story content for hardcore players.
- Owner of specific modes in the game, and responsible for maintaining and planning updates to those modes.
- Working with Data Analytics team to inform design decisions and reflect on success of content.
- Working with other Designers, Artists, and Programmers on new game features.
- Writing Dialogue for ongoing narratives throughout the game, as well as significant Live Operations copy.
- Consistently working with the Community Team to engage directly with players.
If you'd like to see one of the Quest features I helped design (Portals), check out the video below:
Below is another video featuring voiceover work I co-performed elaborating on a large update to our primary competitive social mode I assisted in developing:
Here's a few of the specific Quests I've worked on: